Holiday in Lanzarote ends in head injury
Mrs H. was on holiday in Lanzarote. She was on her way to the buffet section within her hotel's restaurant when she slipped on cooking oil spilt on a marble floor. The hotel had set up a temporary cooking area in the dining area and had been spilling cooking oil on the floor during the course of the evening. Mrs H. sustained a head injury. She was able to raise a Court action against the holiday provider in Scotland and achieve a successful outcome. The benefit for Mrs H. was that she did not have to raise an action abroad and have to deal with foreign legal systems.