Digby Brown recognised as national leaders in customer focus
Firm join household names on Scottish Business Awards shortlist, marks strong first six months of 2013
Digby Brown Solicitors have been recognised as leaders in customer and client service by the prestigious Scottish Business Awards.
We are shortlisted in the Customer Focus Category of the Scottish Business Awards, being held on Friday 21st June.
Over 250 of Scotland’s best companies and businesses entered the prestigious awards. The criteria in the Customer Focus category included demonstrating a strong customer focused culture; an ability to meet and exceed customer expectations; and evidence that entrants’ staff have the skills and knowledge to provide excellent customer service.
The firm are in contention for the award alongside major household names such as BskyB Scotland, Scottish Gas and Arnold Clark.
Fraser Oliver, Digby Brown Partner and Executive Board Member said:
“Our focus in every case is to give clients access to justice, obtain fair compensation and help them through the legal process. Personal injuries cause clients pain and inconvenience in many areas of their lives. It matters to us that, when people come to Digby Brown, they have a good customer experience and a successful outcome.
“Everyone at Digby Brown is committed to going the extra mile on behalf of our clients. To be shortlisted for this award is a reflection of the hard work and commitment of everyone in all our offices across Scotland.
“While we are hopeful of winning, we are under no illusions about the quality of competition we are up against. For our customer focus and client service to be recognised as in the same league as long-established commercial household names is a major achievement for Digby Brown and a victory in itself.”
Being shortlisted for the award marks a successful first six-months of 2013 for Digby Brown, which has seen litigation highlights and the firm playing an active role in debates around legal reform and access to justice:
- Winning 1,325 cases already in 2013 after court actions were raised on behalf of our clients
- Winning 13 cases that went to a full hearing of evidence before judgements were issued in their clients favour in 2013, as many as the firm had in the whole of last year, including successfully defending an award of over £1.4m in Ronald Hill v Norside Limited against a reclaiming motion brought by the defending insurers and successfully challenging a Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority tribunal decision to reduce the level of compensation offered to a man who suffered brain damage after a serious assault. The original tribunal verdict was described as a “breach of natural justice”
- Highlighting the impact of UK and Scottish Government reforms, leading debate on Civil Justice Reform, the consequences for accident at work victims in the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill and providing input and commentary on legislation giving compensation for Mesothelioma victims currently before Parliament.
The full short list for the Customer Focus Award at the 2013 Scottish Business Awards is as below:
- Arnold Clark Automobiles Ltd
- BskyB Scotland
- Caledonian MacBrayne
- Galloway & MacLeod Limited
- Schuh Limited
- Scottish Gas
- Digby Brown LLP
- If Only Holidays
0333 200 5926
Monday to Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
(Please note, local rate, even from mobile)
Email enquiry form
Complete our enquiry form and we will strive to reply within 24 hours