Make an enquiry
Call us: 03332005926
Text: help to 83310

Man with a case at the airport about to go abroad on holiday

Road traffic accidents abroad

Our Travel & Foreign Law Department has wide experience of representing clients who have suffered injury in road accidents abroad. If you have been injured in a road accident in another EC Member State, in many cases you can now bring the accident abroad claim in the Scottish Courts, thus avoiding the additional expense and uncertainty of having to go to court in a foreign country.

It is important to note that the time limit for making an accident abroad claim will be governed by the law of the country where the road traffic accident happened. Time limits in some EC countries are shorter than the 3 year period which applies in Scotland. The accident compensation which you are entitled to may well be determined by the foreign legal system rather than Scottish law.

If the car accident abroad happened in a non-EC country you may not be able to pursue a claim through the Scottish courts. In that event we have access to a global network of specialist personal injury lawyers who can help us to guide you through the accident abroad compensation process.

Whether you have been injured as a driver, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian our specialist team is here to help you. This is a complex and changing area of law and you need prompt, expert and informed advice.

Digby Brown LLP is today Scotland’s largest specialist personal injury practice. We are rated Band 1 by the leading independent publications, Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession and Legal 500. With offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Kirkcaldy, Inverness, Aberdeen and Ayr we handle personal injury compensation claims across Scotland. We are able to offer a complete funding and insurance package through our litigation funding company, Compensate. This gives our clients access to justice with no financial risk.

For further information call us on 0333 200 5925 or fill in our brief enquiry form and someone will contact you directly.

Need help now?
Fill in a personal injury enquiry form
Request a callback?
Click here, someone will call you back
Book an appointment?
Simply click here to arrange a meeting