Praise for virtual Head Injury Information Day 2020
Brain injury survivors were still able to access vital support thanks to a special online event last week.
The Head Injury Information Day 2020 was moved online after COVID-19 social distancing rules cancelled scheduled events in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
But despite the different approach the event – now in its 10th year – proved to be a success as it shared advice on topics related to the welfare of brain injury survivors.
The morning session of HiiD 2020 included presentations from:
- Chris Bryant MP – Update on the All-party Parliamentary Group on Acquired Brain Injury
- Chris Stewart, Digby Brown – A Decade of Development in Scots Law
- Professor Tom McMillan, University of Glasgow – Neuro-Rehabilitation – Then and Now
- Steven Cochran & Angela Sprott – My Road, Our Road and supporting each other along the way
And the afternoon sessions included:
- Ross Milvenan, Digby Brown – Returning to Work
- Ruth Rooney, Edinburgh Carers Council – Advocacy Support for Family Carers affected by Brain Injury
- Jacqueline Lange, Digby Brown & Simon Glenn – The Psychosocial Impact of Welfare Benefits on Self-Concept following Acquired Brain Injury
- Kelly Christie – Triumph over Adversity
There was also a variety of activities available for participants to take part in across the day including chair yoga and gardening tips.
Chris Stewart, Partner and Head of the Serious Injury Team said: “We faced a variety of new challenges this year, even so our first virtual HiiD was a fantastic success and was even more special given that it was our tenth year of running the event.
“Our aim every year is to create a platform where those living with an acquired brain injury, along with their carers and families, are able to attend a variety of informative sessions they can relate to.
“Digby Brown is proud to run this event knowing the help it provides and I would like to say a massive thank you to all our presenters who gave up their time to join us yesterday – we really hope that even in this different format our attendees enjoyed the day.”
All of the presentations are now available to watch on the HiiD website, along with the full profiles of all of the day’s speakers.
0333 200 5926
Monday to Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
(Please note, local rate, even from mobile)
Email enquiry form
Complete our enquiry form and we will strive to reply within 24 hours