Successful first Edinburgh Head Injury Information Day
Each year, Digby Brown Solicitors hold free Head Injury Information Days in two cities in Scotland, one in Glasgow and another in a new location.
This year, Digby Brown held their first Head Injury Information Day in Edinburgh on Wednesday 17th May, and we were delighted to see over 200 people come along to learn more about a brain injury.
"Absolutely brilliant day, very informative, excellent presentations. Visual perception presentation - eye opening!!!"
Support for brain injury survivors in Edinburgh
Our Head Injury Information Days are tailored for brain injury survivors, their families and carers as well as anyone with an interest in this area who would like to learn more.
There were over 20 head injury support groups and organisations there to share information about what they did and how they can help someone after a brain injury, including Edinburgh Headway Group, Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust, Child Brain Injury Trust, and Disability Snowsport UK.
The day featured presentations from brain injury support groups, Digby Brown Solicitors and brain injury survivors.
- Day Service Support & Brain Injury Carers Project, Edinburgh Headway Group
- The Rehabilitation Code in Practice - A Survivor’s Story, Digby Brown Solicitors & Scott Sutherland
- Concussion, CTE and dementia, NHS Lothian & University of Edinburgh
- Relationships after Acquired Brain Injury, Tania Brown Ltd
- Brain Injury and the Criminal Justice System in Scotland, University of Glasgow
- The Justice Project, Headway – The Brain Injury Association
- Visual Processing Problems, Jordans Multisensory Optical Practice
"Particularly inspired by the story of Scott Sutherland. A true inspiration. Excellent presentation by Scott. A true fighter"
Music from Edinburgh Headway Group
Guests were treated to songs from the music group at Edinburgh Headway Group during lunch.
Finding local support for a brain injury
The Edinburgh Head Injury Information Day marked the last event for 2017 but it will return again for 2018.
In the meantime, we have put together a directory online of support available for brain injury. You can find out more at http://www.hiid.org.uk/
0333 200 5926
Monday to Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
(Please note, local rate, even from mobile)
Email enquiry form
Complete our enquiry form and we will strive to reply within 24 hours