Digby Brown's Mission Statement
Our mission is
- To be recognised as the leading pursuer personal injury practice in Scotland;
- To provide access to justice for victims of accidents by the use of legal expertise, an innovative approach to litigation funding, excellent client care and the use of cutting edge technology;
- To be an 'employer of choice' which invests in the training and development of its staff, supporting and encouraging them to realise their full potential.
In establishing and communicating our mission statement Digby Brown has set out what it aims to achieve and its criteria for success. The next step we have taken is to consider the way we operate from day to day, our values and their impact on achieving our mission.
Our four core values are: professionalism; integrity; compassion and respect.
What our values mean to us:
- Taking pride in adopting the right approach
- Aiming to be the best and get the best possible result
- Technical excellence and attention to detail
- Placing high expectations on ourselves and others
- Ensuring our processes are consistent and deliver quality results
- Taking on board feedback and improving
- Enthusiastically encouraging colleagues to do well and joining in their success
- Learning and sharing knowledge and ideas
- Putting the clients' interests above our own
- Always being honest, trustworthy and ethical in our conduct: a) with clients b) with colleagues and c) the outside world
- Being true to the values that guide our day to day decisions
- Being reliable and consistent in our approach and dealings with others
- Helping to foster a culture of mutual respect
- Taking the time to understand our clients’ needs and perspectives and those of each other
- Fully committing ourselves to getting the best possible outcome for the client
- Resilience in overcoming barriers put in place by others to hinder the right result
- Shaping and managing our clients' expectations and challenging them when necessary
- Doing what we can to make the clients' experience a positive one
- Treating everyone with courtesy.
- Listening, really listening to people's opinions
- Understanding everyone is different and valuing the difference.
- Welcoming new members of the team and making an effort to understand their role.
- Remembering folk also have a life beyond work.
- Developing relationships with clients and colleagues based on openness, trust, mutual respect and integrity.